Marine Surveyors Cayman Ltd.
P.O. Box 2584 GT
Grand Cayman, KY1-1103
email: [email protected]
Marine & Industrial Survey Trading Terms
November 1, 2014
We, us, our: Marine Surveyors Cayman Ltd. (formerly Alpha Marine Surveyors, Ltd.)
You, yours: Our Client
Trading Terms: Agreement between Marine Surveyors Cayman and Client
Liability and Limitations
1. All services and reports are provided for our named Clients’ use only. No liability of whatever nature is assumed towards any other party and nothing in these terms, or the relationship between our Clients and us, shall confer or purport to confer on any third party a benefit or the right to enforce any provision of these terms.
2. We shall undertake the services to which these terms relate with reasonable care, skill and diligence, but we shall have no responsibility or liability whatsoever except insofar as the client suffers loss or damage in the consequence of our negligence, gross negligence or willful default. Notwithstanding any other provision of these terms:
2.1 Our liability shall expire 12 months after completion of the services in respect of which liability is alleged to arise and we shall thereafter have no liability in respect of those services and/or any alleged default in connection with the provision thereof.
2.2 We shall not be liable in respect of any breach of our obligations (1) for any loss, damage, delay or expense of whatever nature, whether direct or indirect, (including but not limited to loss of profit and loss of use) and howsoever arising or resulting whether directly or indirectly in the course of or as a result of the provision of our services, under these terms or otherwise, (2) of which written notification shall not have been given within 14 days of the date on which the Client ought reasonably to have become aware of the existence of such breach, or (3) resulting from unforeseeable causes beyond our reasonable control;
2.3 The Client covenants with us and our servants and agents that no such servant or agent shall in any circumstances whatsoever be under any liability for any loss arising or resulting directly or indirectly from any act, neglect or default on his part while acting in the course of or in connection with his employment and, without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, every exemption, limitation and condition herein contained and every right, exemption and limitation of liability applicable to us or to which we are entitled hereunder shall also be available to protect every such servant or agent acting as aforesaid and for the purpose of the foregoing provisions we are or shall be deemed to be acting as agents or trustees on behalf of and for the benefit of all persons who are or might be our servants or agents from time to time and all such persons shall to this extent be or be deemed to be parties to these terms:
2.4 Under no circumstances shall our liability exceed a total of ten (10) times the fee payable hereunder.
3. Fees and expenses shall become due and payable prior to commencement of services unless otherwise agreed. For other arragements, terms and amounts shall be agreed prior to commencement of services and from time to time, during the duration of the project, shall be discussed and reviewed. Invoices will be submitted in respect of all fees and expenses when due and the amount of each invoice shall be settled within 7 days of receipt. Interest shall be payable on all amounts owing and unpaid at a rate of 2.0% per month, unless otherwise agreed by both parties.
4.1 Client Default: We may terminate our appointment forthwith if the Client fails for more than 7 days to pay any sum due when demanded, or if the Client fails consistently to respond promptly to requests for information and/or instructions and fails to adequately respond within 7 days’ formal notice of such failure, without prejudice to our accrued rights.
4.2 Other Defaults: Either party may terminate our appointment forthwith by notice if the other party shall: have a petition presented for its winding up or administration which is not discharged within 14 days of presentation or any other action is taken with a view to its winding up (otherwise than for the purpose of reorganization or amalgamation without insolvency), or become bankrupt or commit an act of bankruptcy, or make any arrangement or composition for the benefit of creditors, or have a receiver or manager or administrative receiver or administrator or liquidator appointed in respect of any of its assets, or have anything analogous to any of the foregoing under the laws of any jurisdiction occur to it, or cease or threaten to cease to carry on business; without prejudice to the accused rights of the other party.
Law and Disputes
5. These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and any dispute or differences arising, or claims made, between or by the parties out of or in relation to or in connection with the provisions and services to which these terms relate and which cannot be resolved by the parties shall be submitted to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Cayman Islands.
6. No exercise or failure to exercise or delay in exercising any right, power or remedy vested in either party shall be deemed to be a waiver by that party of that or any other right, power or remedy.
7. Neither party shall transfer or assign its rights or obligations under these terms without the prior written consent of the other.
8. In the vent that any provision of these terms is held to be a violation of any applicable law, statute or regulation the same shall be deemed to be deleted from these terms and shall be of no force or effect and these terms shall remain in full force and effect as if such provisions had not been contained therein. Notwithstanding the foregoing in the event of any such deletion the parties shall negotiate in good faith in order to agree the terms of an acceptable alternative provision.
9. These terms form the entire agreement between the parties and supersede all previous agreements and understandings between the parties, and no warranty, condition, description, term or representation is given or to be implied by anything said or written in negotiations between the parties or their representatives prior to the communication of these terms.
10. References to “we” and “us” include our employees and persons, firms and companies appointed or engaged by us as our agents for carrying out any work or services under these terms, all persons, firms and companies to whom performance of any work or services under these terms is subcontracted or delegated by us, and all agents and employees of persons, firms and companies referred to in this clause.
11. Any communications required to be given under these terms by either party shall be in writing and shall be sufficiently given either by letter, fax or electronic mail (provided the same is capable of being recorded by the recipient in durable form) sent to the other at the contact details previously notified and any such notice shall be deemed to have been given at the time at which it would in the ordinary course of transmission have been received.
12. Both parties undertake to maintain the confidentiality of all information supplied by each other and not to divulge such information to third parties without the prior written authority of the other.
SIGNED AND DATED HEREUNDER BY CLIENT REGARDING THE SURVEY OF:
Owner/Representative Print Name & Date